CHARLES SEGAL is a Pianist, Composer, Publisher and Teacher, whose volume of work spans a myriad of styles and cultures, characteristic of his life experiences.
Charles was raised in South Africa. He was trained in Classical Piano performance and composition, but his heart was captured by American Jazz Music and he developed into an accomplished jazz pianist with a talent for improvisation and composition. He performed as a solo jazz pianist and with trios and combos. Charles became a household name in South Africa with his weekly appearances on radio and TV. His versatility is his mainstay. He is the featured artist on over 200 albums spanning Classical, Jazz, Contemporary, Solo Piano, Piano and Orchestra, Jewish, African, and New Age music. Charles now resides in the United States.
This album demonstrates Charles' talent for improvisation in his unique poetic style. It features Charles playing his favorite Jazz numbers including, "Take Five" and "Lullaby of Birdland". On this album we hear Charles, the stylist, influenced by Peterson, Garner, Shearing, Monk, Ellington, Tristano, Brubeck and Evans.
Charles' creative talents are evident in his over 1,000 compositions. Eight of them are featured on this album, including "Jazz World", played in Charles' unique, scintillating style.
1. Take Five
(Desmound, Derry Music)|
2. Feeling Blue At Four (Segal, Charles Segal Publications)
3. Spring Is Here (Rodgers and Hart, EMI)
4. I Got It Bad and That Ain't Good (Ellington, EMI)
5. South Easter Segal (Charles Segal Publications)
6. Pennies From Heaven (Burk, Chappel Music)
7. Body and Soul J. (Green, Warner Productions)
8. Just Do It Blues (Segal, Charles Segal Publications)
9. Jazz World (Segal, Charles Segal Publications)
10. They All Laughed (Gershwin, Harms Music)
|11. Mind Indigo
(Segal, Charles Segal Publications)|
12. My Kind Of Blues (Segal, Charles Segal Publications)
13. Summer Mood (Segal, Charles Segal Publications)
14. Lullabye of Birdland (Shearing, EMI)
15. Touch of Blue (Segal, Charles Segal Publications)
16. Getting Sentimental Over You (Bassman, Mills Music)
17. I Can't Get Started (Ellington, Chappel)
18. Maybe (Segal, Charles Segal Publications)
19. Bass Maketh Beat (Segal, Charles Segal Publications)